Monday, August 31, 2009

The Harbinger of Death

So I thought I'd tell you about my last two weeks.....but it may take a few/several posts to do it.  Below is a quick "synopsis" of sorts.  I'll explain each piece in more detail because that's where the heart of each story really lies. 

Here we go....

8/15/09,  witness fatal (x2) MC accident, GF's brother gets jumped, daughter gets stung by wasp and Sr. boss' wife passes away.

8/16/09:  Truck dies, girls on bike's almost get run over, twice!!! 

8/20/09:  GF goes into hospital to have baby... I'm the coach, I'm there all night.

8/21/09:  13:20: Baby Nora is born.
               14:30: Kevin borrows Paul's Motorcycle
               16:30: Kevin crashes Paul's Motorcycle and is med-flighted to Boston hospital with no memory
               of crash, where crash was, where the bike might be or what condition its in.

8/22/09:  Locate bike and crash info.

8/24-8/28: File insurance claim, find out bike is totaled.  Kevin has 5th surgery on his foot.  There does not appear that there's enough bone left for him to keep his foot. 

So, that's my two weeks in a nutshell.  Talk about some stress!!!!!  Hence the reason I said that I was really feeling like the Harbinger of Death lately....
-Sid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment